It’s been eight years in the making but SFTR reporting is now live for the first and second cohorts of firms required to report under this complex regime.
The Securities Financing Transaction Regulation (SFTR) aims to improve transparency and reduce risks in securities financing markets.
Our lead SFTR specialist Jonathan Lee has been at the forefront of advocacy and educational efforts for SFTR. He is a former chair of the ICMA European Repo and Collateral SFTR Taskforce and the AFME Primary Dealers Reporting group.
In this video he covers the following questions:
- SFTR – you’ve been heavily involved from the outset, how are you feeling now the reporting obligation is finally live?
- Do you feel that SFTR reporting will achieve what the regulation intends ie. transparency and fewer risks in securities financing markets?
- What should firms be focusing on in the coming weeks?
- What’s the quality of reporting expected to be like?
- SFTR goes live for the buy-side in October, what lessons can they learn from the sell-side?